Monday 2 July 2012

Champagne tea at Ladywell Lodge

Where I write my blog posts
Pesky squirrel

Lewisham history sign

Ladywell greenery

Final champagne tea
My stay in London is with Jane, a long time friend from the NZI days. After a 20 year stint in Australia she now lives in London. We are based in Lewisham which is kind of funny as my Mum grew up in Lewisham in Sydney and my boss, James lives there now.
Lewisham is about 6 miles from the centre of London. The history of Lewisham goes back a long way as the oldest road also ran through Lewisham. More importantly right near here Captain Cook’s boat the Endeavour was fitted out for the big journey to the southern ocean.
Jane’s house is just lovely and close to Ladywell station. My room has a massive window with beautiful views of the trees. Squirrels run around in the backyard, Jane dislikes them, I think they are novel the way they scamper around.
There is a great big park out the back with kids playing in the creek, dogs roaming and lots of football (soccer) playing.
Our day today was spent with a lie in, followed by a packing session. OMG I had no idea I had brought so much stuff and nearly had a meltdown trying to fit it all in. Luckily Jane is much more experienced at packing than me and sorted it all out.
Then finally we celebrate with a champagne tea, what a way to finish the most amazing holiday.
A big thank you to Jane for making my stay in London so wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment