Friday 31 March 2017

Sayonara Sydney



Checking out all the cool things to do in Japan
 with my trusty companion Rosco

21 Japanese words in the back of my notebook,
 that's enough isn't it?

Chopsticks ready?
 Over the last year I have gradually learnt to use chopsticks
at our traditional Step Two Crew Monday lunch

Excitement is at an all-time high as I sit here waiting to board QF25 for a new country and a new adventure. From the outside, Japan seems like a complex culture full of high tech, low tech and ancient traditions. I plan to immerse myself fully, let's see what my impressions are by the end of the trip.

Cherry blossom time in Japan is a big deal with tracking websites, radio announcements and TV updates on the progress of the blossoms through the country from south to north as spring arrives. I may or may not have over the last week spent an extraordinary amount of time checking out the sakura (cherry blossom) news. Blossoms are expected to be good on my arrival and for the next few days, barring rain or wind storms. Fingers crossed. One tree looking nice and I will be happy! Then it's on to see the rest of Tokyo and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment