Sunday 26 June 2016

Saturday is THE best day in London



Full flight, running late 
Over the English Channel

Mary Smith, political correspondant
Emerging at Leicester Square 
London Pride, lights all changed
around Trafalgar Square

Quiet in the National Gallery compared to outside

Outside, hello Nelson and London Pride

Stik, one of my fav London artists

This bobbie's partner wanted us to kiss for the
 photo, I politely declined

Back together!
Just as we are about to take off the guy next to me gets a photo from his friend enjoying an impromptu street party outside Boris Johnsons house, the FTSE drops 7% and David Cameron resigns. Its all happening in London town. We get to Dubai and the FTSE has dropped 12%. Where will it by the time we get to London?

Will this flight ever end? How long is the line into UK border? Finally I can fall into the waiting arms of Mary and Jeff and off we set to Ladywell Lodge. Jeff expertly guides us through the Saturday morning traffic whilst political correspondent Mary Smith fills me in on all things Brexit and we catch up on family news. 

Its time to setup base camp but there is no dilly dallying I have brought the sunshine and am keen to join the crowds on my fav day of the week in London. Saturday. First job is too add a weekly to my Oyster card. Done. Now to navigate, train, tube change at Green Park, tube, emerge into the masses at Leicester Square. Happy.  Covent Garden beckons

I have a bit of spare time before I met Jane so which shop will I go to first. I know Radley, the font of all things in beautiful leather with dog designs added. Look there is a sale on, oh ahhhh. Who’s that saying hello to me. Its Jane! She is early and used her psychic powers to find where I would be! Now the fun can really begin.


Off we go for a late lunch in the sunshine, national art gallery, shops, tea and cake, more shops, say hello to Nelson at Trafalgar Square, see thousands of happy revellers at the pride rally, get caught in the rain and have an all round lovely catchup.  Perfect day. Time for bed. 

P.S. Never did find out what happened with the financial markets, all seems highly irrelevant now that I am in holiday mode.

3 comments:

  1. We told Steve B2 that you were flying in to sort out all that Brexit stuff for them, so don't disappoint ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am getting so many different opinions, on the bus, on the radio, in the papers. BBC news alerts every few minutes about what someones wife just said and what they where wearing. Its like royal wedding fever and absorbing everyone. Sorting it out might be a 100 year project.

      Delete
  2. Love that the sun was shining on your first day. The pride lights are super cool. Have some tea and cake for me!

    ReplyDelete