Wednesday 6 July 2016

Hakuna matata (No worries)

New section of Tate Modern

Arty shot, note blue sky!

Entrance, no photos allowed after here

View from new outdoor veranda at Tate Modern,
straight across to St Pauls

Covent Garden, still my fav area

Ready to go

Inside the Lyceum Theatre, very old

Picking out dinner at Marks and Spencer,
final decision - Chicken and Asparagus Risotto

The Tate Modern, has very conveniently opened up a whole new building and today is Day 1 of the new Georgia O’Keefe exhibition. But first I must use trusty google maps to take me via a specific route to snap another invader. Getting closer, I look up and there it is high on the railway overpass and visible before I even cross the road. Snap thats another 20 points. Now onto the new building. Its sunny. There are all kinds of tourists snapping away at the futuristic shaped building.

Now onto Georgia, I have always loved her flower paintings, now I learn so much more. Charcoals, New York, summer house lake, Santa Fe all her work is about shapes she sees in her mind. Amazing, this is worth the trip to London alone. AB would love this. I am so lucky this opened in time for my trip.

The Tate Modern is definitely my least fav place in London. But the shops are pretty cool, so its time to give them a good working over.  Opps, I forgot to go to the new viewing gallery. Am staring at the map and can’t figure out which building I cross to for lifts there is no way I am walking up 10 stories. This way, that way, a big crowd of people. This is the spot the lift opens. Its full. Another opens its full. After many lifts finally we squish in and get to the top stopping at every floor. We all fall out of the lift onto the viewing floor and get yet another wonderful view of Thames across to St Pauls. Being as this is all new everyone must want to try it out. Time to go down, the lift mechanics must have been, now lifts are only working between top floor and ground. Much better. 

Today I think I can official upgrade myself from tourist to regular visitor, I know where the bus stop is to get the RV1 to Covent Garden. Time to sit back and let the bus driver do the work. She has her work cut out for her around Waterloo station its a mad house. 

I have arrived, lets go to the box office and pick up the ticket - yes, The Lion King awaits! What a wonderful few hours, visual feast, amazing costumes, funny lines, crowd clapping and roaring, an elephant going down the aisles. Its pretty amazing. Thanks for the ticket, Mum!

2 comments:

  1. You're right she would!!! Sooo, jealous..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like another amazing day. Love Lion King and that old theatre is beautiful

    ReplyDelete