Friday 22 June 2018

The 2018 adventure begins today

Testing out the new waterproof jacket.
Ready for any occasion? I hope!

On train to airport


Its a beautiful blue sunny day in Sydney, is the weather teasing me? We will see. After a week of being sick its good to be out in the sunshine and on the mend, a quick train trip and we are here at the airport. A tearful goodbye and then its the razamattaz of duty free I may have become a new fan of Guerlain products.

Stephen says, “the moment I return from one holiday I start planning the next” and that might be true. The planning for this trip has been epic, which road, how many days, what to leave out, what is essential, why does all the accommodation have stairs, do they really expect me to drink whisky in every town?

First up is a weekend in London, then Jane and I fly north to Edinburgh to check out the sites. Once we have our bearings we pick up a car and drive to the Highlands to explore castles and meet Nessie. Will we try fried mars bars and Scotlands other national drink, Irn Blu or will we chicken out?

1 comment: