Saturday 23 June 2018

Singapore vs Dubai for transit

The flying kangaroo

Selfies 'cause there is nothing else to do

High tech dot matirx printer at Singapore airport,
assume its fit for purpose

Can you spot Tower Bridge? I did!

Friendly driver who delivered me
 the final leg to Lewisham

Paztizzis!
Upgrade, yes! Menu - pastizzis! What’s this, everyone’s favourite Maltese treat is on a Qantas flight? Makes me wish I was going back to Malta. Alas, they come served with tomato chill sauce on top that I scrape off.

Qantas has changed the route for QF1 from a stop in Dubai back to Singapore. As we descend into Singapore I remember the inaugural trip to London and how disorientated I was on arrival in Singapore. Today it is pretty much the same, but at least I know it will pass. Anyhow, we have 30 minutes before we have to reboard so let's go and find Kinetic Rain, a sculpture that is a key feature of Terminal 1. Walking, walking, avoiding the travelators keep that body moving. After about 1km there are finally shops. Don’t stop, keep on going. Oops, thats the end. Confused, info desk? No madam, that sculpture is outside the main terminal. Well, google did not tell me that. Give the cactus garden a miss, did the last time and nearly expired from the Singapore heat.

Back on board for the longer leg to London. More food, another movie, this time Goodbye Christopher Robin, then sleep, wake, sleep, wake, sleep, finally the smell of breakfast wafts through the cabin so we must be getting close. The captain announces Rotterdam is on the left hand side of the plane and the channel awaits. Then we start doing uturns and end up going right over the city a few times with the morning sun glistening on the buildings. Tower Bridge, The Shard, London Bridge station looks finished everything is laid out and waiting for me. A grand entrance for the happy tourists on board. So excited to be here again! 

The final verdict for me Dubai is much easier than Singapore as the longer section is first when I am ready to sleep and you arrive at a more civilised time for our Aussie body clocks to start the adjustment.

No comments:

Post a Comment