Sunday 10 June 2012

Landed in London

6 hours to go

Feeling like a zombie, but what an experience. Started with the first class QANTAS lounge, a la carte menu, funkiest décor, ticker tape departures display and amazing picture book library. Total luxury. Had to have a cup of tea and scrumptious cake to get over parting from Stephen.
We board and the A380 is the quietest plan I have ever been on.  The seat gods must have been shining sat with Kristy and Karen, who both like to talk as much as me.
The entertainment system was top notch the best part was Skycam, a camera placed on the tail of the plane. Especially good to watch at take off and landing.
 Somewhere over Australia David the chief steward came over an gave me a personal welcome to QF1, asked about my trip and flying experience and gave me a business class kit and some fancy headphones. What a surprise, thank you to whoever arranged that I think I know who you are.
We arrived at Singapore airport late at night and it was littered with sleeping bodies, in every imaginable position and place. Found an outdoor garden to visit and was hit by the stifling heat the moment I stepped out, lasted about 2 minutes. The major highlight of Singapore was watching the toilet flush and the water going the other way I truly was in the Northern Hempisphere.
For the final 13 hours to London we got pampered again by the QANTAS crew with supper and hot chocolate and then they dimmed the lights for sleep time. About 4 hours out of London we saw the first big city lights, think it was Turkey. Then dawn arrived and before you know it we had landed at Heathrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment