Friday 5 July 2013

A dog called Angel

Primrose Hill

Angel

Queen Mary's Gardens

Banksy
So I think I am getting good at travelling on the underground, that is until I take the Northern line in peak hour. Sardines is an understatement it takes me three trains before I can get on. My first point of call is Primrose Hill, its brilliant sunshine and the 360 degree views of London are worth it. Glad I made the effort to get here.
Now time to wander through Regents Park and find Queen Mary’s Gardens. There are dogs and their owners running everywhere in the sunshine. Just as I am thinking it was so nice of Henry VIII or whoever used this park for deer hunting or something or other to leave it for the dogs to enjoy a schnauzer pops into view. His name is Angel and he originally hails from South Africa but now calls London home, with his big brother Wompy they say hello and then run off across the fields.
Queen Mary’s gardens are a delight, the roses are at their best and the bright green grass against the flower beds is dazzling. Being a rare sunny day there is even a professional photographer here doing shots using a ladder to get a better angle on the garden beds. This truly is a paradise of calm and green.
I step out of the park onto Marylebone Road and the hustle and bustle of London hits me again. Big red buses, trucks, taxis, cars and pushbikes all rushing around going somewhere a big contrast to the park. Using my trusty Global Street Art app I find a nearby Banksy, if graffiti changed anything covered in Perspex and with a Rude Pope added. Now that sentence might not make any sense to you but it does to Jane and I.
I am now down to my last few hours of free time so it’s a choice Wallace collection or shopping. Shopping wins. By the time I finish shopping I have walked all the way from Primrose Hill to Charing Cross, with detours all over the place. Hop on the train and loaded down with shopping bags I make the final steps to home. Time to freshen up for dinner with Mary (Jane’s Mum) and Jeff. Yummy food and we get to see the end of Andy Murray winning his semi final at Wimbeldon.

No comments:

Post a Comment