Sunday 7 July 2013

Go Andy!

OMG what have I done?

Anybody know an elephant who can sit on this bag?

Ladywell Lodge afternoon tea

Today is packing day. Now its payback time for all the things that seemed very important at the time to buy. I will not need to buy a book or piece of clothing for at least 12 months.
The packing goes better than last year I have learnt a bit more but it is still a trail and error job and takes a few hours.  It’s a really hot day so we also get all the washing done. I did not know London could get this hot.
Finally its time for the traditional Ladywell Lodge afternoon tea, egg and chicken sandwiches, lurpak butter, vanilla slices, walnut cakes the works. Andy Murray is playing against Novak Djokovic in the final of Wimbeldon and we can watch it live on the TV. Bit different to being in Australia, though I suspect a few people in Australia will be watching. Jeff and Mary arrive to take me to the airport so we listen to the rest of the match in the car. Its so close Andy has one point to win and then loses the point, he then wins a point, he then loses it. The tension in our car is unbelievable; the tension down the road at Wimbledon must be immense. Finally Andy wins, the first British winner in 77 years. Everyone is elated. Jeff jokes that now we will get to watch the repeats of Andy winning for the next 77 years!
Ok, its time to depart, time to go home to Stevie and Rosco! We say about hundred goodbyes and then I push my trolley off into the depths of Terminal 3. Time for a 24 hour rest and the normal programming will recommence.
A big thank you to Jane for sharing her life and home with me, what an amazing holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment