Friday 17 May 2019

Meeting Godzilla and a Transylvanian in one day

Chinese Garden

Frangipani Garden

Planet, a 9m sculpture that looks like it floats

Water lilies under the Art Science museum

New friend

The ultimate photo spot tucked away in a corner

First time working in a room with 'No durians' sign

Some of the room,
arms not long enough to capture width!

Chijmes, an old church and convent converted
 into restaurants delightful in the evening twilight.
This is the church from the movie, Crazy Rich Asians

L to R: Vasu, Cornelious (originally from
Transylvania now living in Canada, in town to run a workshop)
Wolf, me and Maish who we have worked with for years.

Up and out early for take two of Gardens by the Bay, the first day we saw the main bits, today I am off to explore the smaller gardens themed around countries or types of plants. There is hardly anyone around this is bliss, and the temperature is slightly cooler, phew. First up is the China Garden, then bird spotting, finally the kingfisher lake and then down a small path for a better view of water lilies. Ahh, scream, its a big lizard, bigger than any goanna I have ever seen, I jump back, the lizard has a scream too and jumps back we both frighten each other. Once I get my wits about me I see if I can find Godzilla, I can hear rustling in the bushes but not see anything. Godzilla is not happy about a tourist being out this early. Now onto the main event for the day.

Why, oh, why did I suggest running a workshop on my holiday? I must have been possessed. Anyhow here I am dressed up and coherent ready to share some insights on intranet and digital workplaces. We are at a site that has been built by the government to encourage innovation and development, one of the projects they are partnering with Germany on is an air taxi (basically a massive drone).  The workshop goes well, then onto Mexican at Chijmes (much excitement the church from Crazy Rich Asians) and more Ferraris then onto Din Tai Fung, a well-known dumpling place it is supposed to be much better than in Australia. Correct delicious food. But even better is the conversation with Maish who we have known for many years, his colleagues Wolf and Ng and Cornelious (originally from Transylvania) who is in town to run a workshop on design, a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment