Friday 12 July 2019

Leaving on a jet plane.....

Rosco helping pack

Checking out the French words
 I learnt in 2012, not many!
More to come on this trip.
2019 trophies

Finally, everything fits in, 37 kilos in total

Stephen is making up funny ditties, “leaving on a jet plane, don’t know when you will see your schnauzer again” I prefer “leaving on a jet plane, won’t need to wear a jumper again”.

This is a combined work/holiday trip so I am loaded down with trophies and medals for winners of the 2019 Intranet and Digital Workplace Awards. Stephen deposits me at the Qantas counter with my two bags weighing in at a whopping 37 kilos. The check-in lady thinks he is the best taxi driver ever, I agree. Now a tearful (on my part) goodbye and its time to do the customs thing, the glitz of duty-free and escape into the relative quiet of the lounge.

My favourite spot in the lounge is free, I am such a creature of habit. Important research to do, what is the latest on Brexit and Boris? OK BBC has filled in that gap. Now, what is the name of the other contender is for British PM? Jeremy Hunt, I learn he is two years younger than me and a rational optimist (whatever that means). We seem a long way from 2016 when I landed as the Brexit vote was announced and political correspondent Mary Smith filled me in on all the details.

Ding, ding they are calling QF1 its time board and enjoy an uninterrupted 24 hours of bliss. Then emerge into the spectacle of fun that is July in London, this weekend is the Wimbledon finals.

2 comments:

  1. And once you've given out the awards, you'll have lots of room for souvenirs! Brilliant. Ricki

    ReplyDelete