Thursday 19 June 2014

Home sweet home

Pretty clouds somewhere over America

So good to see that QANTAS sign

My home from LA to Sydney

Do I look the part with my
Orioles Fedora?

How sexy am I?

Final leg on the train home

After a few skype chats and then a long sleep in. Its time to get up and get moving. How am I going to fit all this stuff into two bags? Pack some, change my mind, pack some more, how can I get this Orioles cup home in one piece? Oh, oh I forgot the Christmas decorations are fragile, repack. Finally getting there.
What’s that noise? A helicopter, is it him? It has a white stripe, there are other helicopters flanking. I think we can assume Obama flew by to wave goodbye to me before I go home! (Checking on his schedule later I am even more convinced it was him)
Lets take a break and log in to QANTAS to see what is happening with the flight. Yes, I have been upgraded to business class from LA to Sydney! The final packing is done and in the end I only have a very restrained extra 15kg of shopping.
Now lets hop in taxi and go to the airport. Finally I get to see the Pentagon, the only landmark left in Washington. Tick. Washington to LA, 5 hours, done.
Lets get into the rarefied air of business class. There is my seat, with mattress, blanket and pillow. What a great way to spend 15 hours at the end of a big holiday in a personal cocoon.
Would you like a champagne, oj or water? Can you fill out your breakfast request? What would you like for supper? This is such an experience. I lap it all up. Then the hot towels come to wash your hands, now the pj’s with QANTAS logo and the Kate Spade toiletries pack. Getting really tired now so its time to setup my bed and get some rest. The cabin is dim, everyone is quiet and off to sleep I go.
Somewhere over Fiji there is turbulence, it must be a big storm to rock an A380. But back to sleep I go to awake to the sounds of breakfast being made. Breakfast arrives on a tray with a white linen cover. I could so get used to this.
We land on time. Walking out of the gates is the best bit at the end of a trip. Where is he, there he is! YEAH!

4 comments:

  1. Hard to go back to cattle class now!!!
    Looking forward to a few more stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I think I will have to save a few more pennies for the next trip. Sitting here in my QANTAS pjs as I type.

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous end to you trip. I've enjoyed every one of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Look forward to a catch up later in year to chat more.

      Delete