Sunday 9 April 2017

Sayonara Tokyo

Kappabashi Street (Kitchen Street)

Kappabashi Street entrance (Kitchen Street)

Vending machines and lockers (to keep all your shopping)

Determined shoppers

Mango bread shop

Planned to just have a bite to try it out, was yum,
before I knew it I had eaten the whole bun

Plastic food example at restaurant

My first world problem for today is
cherry blossom petals are sticking
to the bottom of my wet pants

Ra, Ra, Ra, RAAAA, this is the soundtrack of Tokyo that wakes me up. Its a large black crow that frankly looks scary and sounds like a mini monster. They are everywhere. Another visitor agrees with me, though they are meant to be smart, check out this youtube clip by another Aussie.

There is one last place on the tourist trail, Kappabashi Street, where all the kitchen equipment is sold. There are dishes, pots, pan and plastic food samples that restaurants use to explain their menus. Its only a block from base so an easy walk that then leads onto the shops. Its pouring rain but tourists are still packing into Nakimese shopping street, I continue my never ending quest for a fridge magnet. Get distracted in the hat shop, buy one. Run into a few of the others from the tour and they put me onto the mango bread shop, just round the corner past the cookie man. They had told me a story yesterday about an anime show they like that has a young girl going to high school who is actually a devil and has all kinds of trials and tribulations that keeps two grown men amused. But the funny bit is she has a dog and each episode the dog manages to somehow steal her mango bread. It is delicious, Rosco would want to steal this too. 

Sayonara Tokyo, its been a blast. You are a city of contrasts, its been an amazing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment