Sunday 14 June 2015

Berlin = bikes

Rosco keeping an eye on my flight to Berlin
Welcome to Berlin
Fishtank in the lobby, pretty impressive
Bikes everywhere
Alex
Cute people on crossing signs
Berliner Dom on River Spree,
the room looks straight onto the Dom

Welcome to Berlin, its early afternoon and there are pushbikes everywhere. Its time to explore, first stop is the nearby Sunday art market. One block this way, turn right, I am there. Nice stall, nice stall, what little glass animals – there is a schnauzer. Time to start spending.
Now its time to move on and make my way back over the river and up to Alexanderplatz, called Alex by the locals. Its pretty easy to navigate to, just look for the looming TV tower. Sunday really is the best day to arrive in a big city, so many people wandering around enjoying the day. I already feel like I am in a Bourne movie with all the yellow trams going by. I wonder If they are called trams here? All the advertising and signs are in German, most of the people on the streets sound german. Very different from Malta where English is very common.
Lots of markets on as all the shops are shut on Sundays here. Back around to Hackescher markets, lots of trendy little shops to explore when the expert shopper arrives. Lots of street art, paste ups, sticker bombs, paint everything. I can’t find an invader will probably need eagle eyes for that as well. A bit more exploring then back to base.
What a base, 5 story high fish tank in the lobby, beautiful room with view onto River Spree and Berliner Dom, doors that open wide and let fresh air. Time for a bath and a bit of a rest before the Berlin plan kicks into action. 

2 comments:

  1. Great location. What a great view. John suggests you try to find the pub of 100 beers! Guten tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I drank enough beer in Malta, but if John insists I could try one or two more......

      Delete