Saturday 6 June 2015

The flight over

Love the flying kangaroo

2 hours 30 minutes to go

The patchwork that is England

Where did the last 24 hours go? Ding. The Captain has turned the seat belt sign off and its time to say goodbye to my seat buddies, Jim and Pauline.  Now it’s the long smelly line through customs. Finally its my turn, ‘Welcome to the UK, mam’ the girl with 2 inch nails tells me. Now to find my bag round and round on the carousel they go. I spot it and there is an airport man lifting all the bags off and placing them in a line. It must be my lucky day as I was not sure how I was going to drag the 27kilos of stuff I have brought over for with me off the conveyor belt. Don’t worry there is lots of room for shopping on the way back. I have Melita books for Monica and Aussie supplies for Jane cranking up the kilos.
Now out into the terminal I go, where are they, not on that side. Not this side, not at the end. Hmm. Relief, there is Mary coming like a rocket to get me. There is Jane bring up the rear. All is well and I am reunited with my London family. Now Jeff expertly navigates us through the back streets of London and we are back to Ladywell Lodge in no time. Time for a bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment