Saturday 13 June 2015

Good girl, woof, woof

Greenery in Gozo

Pauls final stop as a tour guide,
the Lunzjata fountain 

Hedgehog sign from the bus to Malta,
much more exciting that a kangaroo

With Angela at bus stop

Washing on a roof top terrace

Church where my grandparents
where married in 1934

Mosta Dome, beautiful
Goodbye Malta, its been wonderful!

Goodbye Monica and Paul, thanks so much for sharing so much of Malta and Gozo with me. Time to head back to Malta, ferry, bus, bus. Done. We are at Angela’s home in San Gwann.  First order of business, put on washing and now out to brave the Saturday morning shoppers at Lidos. I love checking out all foods in a different country we make slow progress with all the friends Angela runs into, its like the village square in the supermarket. Final stop is the pastizzi shop, happy me.
Its time for siesta I think I am made for this pattern of living, I am well and truly ready for a lie down in my room with roof top views. Siesta over, washing is dry and now I have a bag full of clean clothes for the next part of my journey thanks to Angela.
Time to check out the house and all the wonderful photos. Angela shows me lots of photos including two of my great grandparents on my grandmothers side. Its cooler now let’s venture back out onto the streets of Malta.
There are 365 churches in Malta, one for every day of the year.  But we have three churches on our agenda, up and down narrow one way streets we go, this way, that way, a stop sign, a 3 point turn or two. Finally the church where my grandparents where married, tick. Back into the car and along the foreshore to church where they where baptized, tick.
Another first for the trip I have finally driven in Europe, albeit in reverse for 6 inches to a parking spot.
We are travelling well so we make the final pilgrimage on this Malta tour to Mosta Dome. This time we can get inside and see the magnificent dome, it is the third largest in Europe and was hit by a bomb in WW2 with 300 people inside waiting for mass. Luckily the bomb did not explode.
A big thanks to Angela for finishing the tour of Malta off with a bang, there are even fireworks tonight.
Goodbye Malta, and just remember as the locals say, if all the Maltese from Australia, America and Canada returned the island would sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment