Wednesday 10 June 2015

Gone to Gozo

Angela, Me, Monica

The ferry takes cars and trucks

Looking to Gozo

Ready to go Captain

Comino

Gozo ferry port

The day is not over yet, Paul, Monica and I hop in the car and zip up the road to pick up Angela. We now start our journey to Gozo. This is a smaller island that is part of Malta. Paul is a proud Gosotian and keen to show off his birthplace. Many other family members also come from here and Dad often talked about the fun he would have in Gozo swimming and exploring.
The ferry is big, we drive on with lots of other cars and trucks. I would hate to be here in peak summer time. We pass the island of Comino and Paul shows me where the gap in the rocks lines up with the ferry. I quickly snap a photo – I hope I got it. I learn that only a few people live on Comino, but it has the essentials a policeman and a priest.
Off onto Gozo we go, its much greener than Malta. I have no idea where we are going up and down dale and then we arrive at a terrace restaurant. And get pizza’s to sustain us, I am well and truly tired now. Bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment